Subject: [Leica] Marmite? an English mistake?
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Sep 11 13:40:43 2006

At 04:15 PM 9/11/2006, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>Count me among the haters--and I otherwise adore all things English!

Nathan

You actually can tolerate those awful excuses for
breakfast link sausage the English eat?  All
filler, no meat, and ratty, to be polite, in
taste.  And how about English steaks?  I
acknowledge that you CAN get a great English
steak, but this is not nearly as common there as
it is in the US, where a good steak can generally
be found a mile or so from where one lives.  And
what about soggy, over-cooked Brussels Sprouts?

I can go on.  British cuisine has its high points
-- Yorkshire pudding, Steak and Kidney Pie, Bass
Ale, and the like.  But there is a lot which most
folks with an interest in tasty food properly
prepared would hold against the denizens of the UK.

Marc

Marc James Small
Quo Usque Tandem Abutere, Catalina, Patientia Nostra?
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Marmite? an English mistake?)
Reply from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] Marmite? an English mistake?)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] marmite? an english mistake?)