Subject: [Leica] PAW 36 dlridings
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Mon Sep 11 00:23:41 2006

Daniel:

  Have you considered teaching English in Korea? If you are an American,
with at least a Master's degree, you could get on w/ a University (there are
oodles of them). It's a pretty good gig.

  Let me know and maybe I can help you.

  Bill

Daniel Ridings <dlridings@gmail.com> wrote:
  The week has been a quiet one, photographically. A quiet one that does
not reflect the inner turmoil. I will be leaving Oslo for good very
soon and moving on to another task. Sweden is like all other
globalized countries and there are not jobs for middle-aged employees,
unless you happen to be one of the two academics that got a job after
the government invested millions, literally millions, in tackling the
huge unemployment among academics.

I will be ok. But I will not be working in Sweden. The government is
trying to tell us that it is going really well in Sweden (there are
elections in about 10 days). That does not jive with the fact that
young and old cannot get jobs, of course. Well, we can. We can get
jobs in Norway and Denmark, two countries that really are going well.

But photographically quiet. The "notebook camera", the Leica IIIf, got
a couple of rolls of film run through it.

http://www.dlridings.se/paw/2006/36.html

Daniel