Subject: [Leica] Elmar or Summaron?
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Sun Sep 10 18:18:21 2006

I have to step in here.  In 1973 I faced a similar dilemma.  When I was
buying my first leica, a IIIf, I had the choice of a Summaron or a
35/2.5 Nikkor.  I bought the Nikkor since it was a stop faster and I was
completely satisfied with my other Nikon optics.

In all of the subsequent years I never felt I could justify owning
another 35!  Its sharp at any aperture and nice and contrasty.  Sure I
could buy a 'chron, but never felt like paying $1,000 for a half a stop.

Mike D