Subject: [Leica] Elmar or Summaron?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Sep 8 13:04:10 2006

Ken,
I would check out PhotoVillage or Bergen in New Jersey for 35mm lenses and
even Tamarkin.  For example, I picked up a Schneider 35 F2.8 essentially for
free as a body cap to a Canon II series RF.  It has proven to be very sharp
with good contrast and relatively flare resistant for a single coated lens.
I have found Canon Serenar 35 2.8's for less than $100 and they are also
very good.  Not to mention the Ukranian Biogon knock offs.

As film dies the less well known items will get cheaper and cheaper.  When
negotiating on non-Leica items just keep expressing the what is this thing
you are trying to sell and the price goes down.  Collectivity of non marquee
film items is starting to go through the basement and into Exacta land.
Meaning there are 10 folks ( see the smiley :) ) out there who still even
remember Exacta's so some really good glass is starting to be found really
cheap.  No dealer wants to be stuck with a dust magnet.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com