Subject: [Leica] Using Nikon F and Leica-R lenses on M body
From: pwerner at bluewin.ch (pwerner@bluewin.ch)
Date: Wed Sep 6 10:32:12 2006

I have some Nikon and R lenses that I would like to use on the (pre-
ordered) M8, such as the Nikkor 4/20 and the Leica 21-35R while
waiting for the cash to (maybe) buy Leica M glass

It should be theoretically possible. There is a N to M adapter at
http://www.cameraquest.com/adpSLRRF.htm . Has somebody had some
experience in practical use?

R to M should be possible with a Leitz 22228 adapter. I found such
an animal on the bay, but it will not take the newer (ROM) lenses I
have. A Leica technician told me to find an R lens mount from a
defective R body and mount it on the 22228. Any practical experience
or other suggestions?

Thanks for your answers
Peter

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Using Nikon F and Leica-R lenses on M body)