Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlaender Nokton 50mm f1.5
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Sep 4 15:07:19 2006

No, the Nokton is not a Summicron, but then neither is the pre-asph
Summilux, but any stretch of the imagination (I've never used the asph
Summilux). In fact, what is a Summicron 50 but a Summicron 50. But then the
Summicron doesn't provide that extra stop which I often want. And a new
Summicron doesn't cost $450, which, I believe, a Nokton does. And for the
price, the Nokton build quality is quite amazing. In fact, for any price
it's quite good.

A much under-rated lens; at least on this list. ;-)