Subject: [Leica] Two new uploads and a nifty new accessory
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Sat Sep 2 07:14:09 2006

Luis Ripoll wrote: "I've never mastered the technique to fill flash. Any
suggestions?"

I used to struggle with fill flash mathematics and calculations, but
finally found -- through simple experimentation -- a very easy
technique:  set your flash unit on Automatic and the unit's film speed
dial to double the speed of the film in the camera. (In the case of my
recently displayed photos, I shot them on Ilford HP5 at ASA 400 but set
my Metz flash to automatic at ASA 800. As I mentioned, I use a diffuser
(a Lumiquest Mini Softbox) on the flash head.  The developer was Ilfotec
DD-X.

Here's another example from yesterday's shoot ( 1/30 f5.6):

http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/crgrbrts/FishTown/Woods-School/SS_4_web.jpg.html

I loved your cloud pictures, by the way -- especially the one with the
power lines in the frame.  I always enjoy your postings.

All the best,

Craig

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Two new uploads and a nifty new accessory)