Subject: [Leica] Re:Katrina relief pin-up calendar--Bro Nagin
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Wed Aug 30 05:12:58 2006

Garden District(we lived 3 blocks from it) did just fine during Katrina as
it sit about 6ft above sea level and is on the River side, not the Lake side
of New Orleans. Some oak trees down and sporadic fires did the damage, no
water. Houses there were going for 1 million+. We always said something was
coming since the extreme wealth moved out a year before Katrina. Anne Rice
and Trent Reznor used to call the Garden District home. The Mannings are
still there along with authors, city officials, artists and other family
wealth. I miss walking my dog daily through this neighborhood.

Further down St Charles and you arrive at the 2 million + homes which saw
Israeli security forces and BlackWater security helicoptered in to guard
these homes. And yet one house burned to the ground.

Scott, I meant that the "better off" were just the ones trying to escape
city living and wanted a house, SUV, quietness, etc.

Chris