Subject: [Leica] Katrina relief pin-up calendar--Bro Nagin
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Tue Aug 29 16:22:00 2006

Aside from the color of folk's skin, is it true that in many or most
cities, the historically nice neighborhoods for the well heeled are on
higher ground?

This is true in Baltimore and Wash, DC. (lower G'town my be an
exception),

I was led to believe that this started way back in an attempt to avoid
mosquito and other insect born illnesses.

BTW, I like your final analysis of the problem.

IMHO, it's very hard to be prepared for low probability, theoretically
worst case scenarios - and not just hurricanes. If we were so prepared
and ever vigilant against all such possibilities, we'd probably all go
crazy.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Katrina relief pin-up calendar--Bro Nagin)
Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Katrina relief pin-up calendar--Bro Nagin)