Subject: [Leica] Katrina relief pin-up calendar--Bro Nagin
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Tue Aug 29 16:28:19 2006

The Army Corps of Engineers decided that they would prevent a storm surge
flooding by closing gates on all of the canals. Now, these are the canals
that were built to drain water out of the city during hurricanes. Hello? If
you are going to gate the canals, how about pumping water out *OVER THE
LEVEES*? Hello? Maybe next year.

I hate to trash them, but I don't know that I've every heard of anything
they did that really worked.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com