Subject: [Leica] Shoot Digitally.....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Aug 29 06:39:37 2006

OK, a bit OT...... maybe a LOT OT.....

There was an article in the NRA publication about a new scope for rifles
that has a full digital camera built in.  Essentially you
view your target through a camera, with a built in LCD screen.  Some trivial
( to me, I do not shoot) details include a USB port, a
Memory card, and a parallax free optical path.  Why a memory card in a rifle
scope?  Who knows.... maybe you can download the sight
of Bambi getting a bullet in her head so that you can sit at home with a
long necked beer and enjoy the kill over and over on your
'puter.....

The maker....  ELCAN..... In Texas...  Yes, folks, our old friend E. Leitz
Canada, in its newest incarnation.  Price was just like
Leicas......  About 10x what you would spend for a similar all analog scope
from Japan.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Shoot Digitally.....)