Subject: [Leica] Katrina relief pin-up calendar
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Aug 28 17:50:22 2006

New Orleans is a national treasure. It holds a dear place
in my heart, and likely does for anyone who has visited
there.

My father took me there several times as a teen. We'd
drive down from Baltimore, and take in the changing
scenery and culture as we headed south.

I've a good buddy from New Orleans who went to school with
the Marsalis brothers. His wife is also from New Orleans,
and they knew each others as kids. Though they live up
here in Wash, DC, they held their wedding down in New
Orleans, a truly lovely - and energetic! - wedding.

I used to have a g'friend out in Seattle. For a while, we would
meet regularly "half way" in New Orleans. It's a wonderful city
for romance. Just sitting in the courtyards internal to the
old buildings there and drinking a few bottles of wine.....

The haute cuisine of New Orleans alone is a reason to return
again and again.  And those upside down large frisbees of
crawfish are superb as well.

I've never made Mardi Gras, nor the Jazz Festival, and I'm
sorta glad I haven't. Huge crowds of drunken tourists are
not part of my memories of New Orleans (excepting Bourbon
Street at night, perhaps, which always seems crowded with
drunken tourists).

I can only imagine the close affinity the city must hold for
its actual residents.

Scott