Subject: [Leica] Monthly contest: instructions for judges
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Aug 26 22:59:20 2006

Thanks for keeping us informed, Brian.
The first month should be interesting!
Will entrants wait to see what is uploaded first,
Or delete/replace their entry if they think its been bettered.

Some entry criteria are forming for me
Is it shot for the comp, related to something posted before, does it have
impact, tell a story, obey or break the norms, work at the needed lo res,
appeal to popular taste, judges taste, stand out as quirky, clever, do you
post a pretty kiddy photo, vs photojournalism from a war-zone etc etc

The site interface works really well for me, here. Fast and responsive.
The Gallery should be great when you finish the migration.
Interesting consideration regarding posting something that is recognisable
as part of a series posted to the LUG. I hope it doesn't negatively
influence that, as I know you have considered. Still, maybe that leads to
something shot recently or even specifically for the comp, rather than a
previous image. That is no bad thing. Also, I would think that themes will
help in that regard, once the comp is up and running. I can't imagine that
the many accomplished LUG members would bother posting something long
recognised as their work. They have nothing to prove.

All credit to you for making this all possible.
I don't envy the judges rating diverse approaches/content.

Cheers
The registered Hoppy