Subject: [Leica] Epson RD1
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Aug 23 00:00:41 2006

The R-D1 is mostly out of stock, but the R-D1s is available, not at KEH or
B&H, but for instance at Robert White. It's not really a new model, it's got
only a new firmware (which is applicable on the R-D1 too), a kind of new
anti-vignetting coating or layer on the sensor, and another black paint. But
I'm not shure whether Epson will continue that adventure. They certainly did
not make money with it, and got strongly bashed throughout many forums and
lists because of the rangefinder alignment problems and other issues. Their
service departments are obviously not able to handle the problems. I sent
mine for realigning the rangefinder, it came back in a too small, not well
stuffed box, and the disalignment was worse than before. Now I sent it to
DAG...
Didier

Replies: Reply from crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts) ([Leica] New postings - people pix)