Subject: [Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Aug 22 08:10:49 2006

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Greg. The new C6 Corvette is clearly
the "one they got right" that deals with rough roads as well as the
nice smooth ones. We'll do the break-in (500 miles at varying speeds
with a max of 55) on a drive from Bowling Green, KY to Sistersville,
WV following non-interstate highways as much as possible. Going 55 on
an interstate is suicidal - I'd need one of those Formula 1 flashing
lights in the center of the car to keep the trucks from running over
me - either that or it would give them something to aim for!

I've never owned a radar detector up to this point. My BMW 540i looks
sufficiently staid that the highway patrol doesn't give me a second
look. Thanks for your recommendation.

I'll be taking along an M6 with 35, 50, and 90  and my 1Ds Mk II (one
lens only for that puppy).

We are picking up the car at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling
Green which gives us a tour of the factory, etc and a custom
introduction to the car. We are both excited. Now if I can keep my
loving spouse below Mach 1 I'll be happy!

Adam