Subject: [Leica] Another famous photographer went
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Aug 22 01:38:56 2006

I managed to find at least one reference to this vaguely recalled story.

The "Lab Technician" apparently widely blamed for the damage to the Capa
D Day photos in the Life magazine lab was Larry Burrows, who of course went
on to be an important war photographer in his own right and was tragically
killed.

Although 15-year-old lab assistant named Dennis Banks was responsible for
the accident, an apocryphal account (which, despite being accepted as
untrue, has gained widespread currency), blames Larry Burrows, who worked in
the lab not as a technician but as a "tea-boy".

Cheers
Hoppy