Subject: [Leica] Linhof Metrika 45!!!!?!?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Aug 20 21:51:22 2006

On 8/17/06 11:12 PM, "Scott McLoughlin" <scott@adrenaline.com> typed:

> I see these cool, precision, industrial strength cameras (like
> the Alpas too), and I wonder why they don't seem (correct
> me if I'm wrong) to incorporate a rangefinder for focusing?
> Particularly at the prices these things are likely to cost.
>
> Why not? It's a well known, many decades old technology
> by now. Graflex's had RF's, didn't they? Hey, my pretty
> cheapo Canonet 28 I beat up as a kid had a RF. I don't
> get it.
>
> Scott
>
> Mark Rabiner wrote:

My Voigtl?nder Vito BL does not have a rangefinder. It has guess-to-matic.
Nor does my Rollei 35. Or Bessa L with 25mm snapshot lens which wont focus
on a Barnack. Don't need no stinking rangefinder.
Why do you think they call the Leica historical society magazine "the
viewfinder"?
:)

Mark Rabiner L.S.M.F.T.

Bethpage, Long Island, NY 11710