Subject: [Leica] Walt's FM3a's
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Aug 20 05:01:14 2006

>Remember, if you win an ebay auction, it means no one in the world
>was willing to pay as much as you did for that item!
>Unless it was a buy-it-now.  Then you may have been either lucky or
>impulsive.
>Tom Schofield

Tom

Impulsive, that's the right word. I have seen bids for used cameras that
were higher than the same would costs new in a retail shop, with warranty.
Nothing unusual at auctions. I have watched people at live auctions of fine
arts, jewelrys and watches going mad, overbidding people they never met
before. Their heartbeat must have gone over 180, they sweated like a
triathlon athlete in the last lap, and sometimes they got very loud. Not all
of course, others stayed calm and distinguished. But the "must have"
syndrome seems to be a very basic instinct...

Didier

Message from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Walt's FM3a's)
Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Walt's FM3a's)
Message from leicaluvr at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] Walt's FM3a's)