Subject: [Leica] needs color
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Fri Aug 18 07:26:23 2006

Speaking of old and tired, I have a doctors appointment Monday for a bad
foot. Additionally, Seeing  a surgeon Tuesday to discuss removing some
of what God gave me. :-)  I do admire what you've done and it  does make
a difference, especially, I think, when you looks in a mirror. . My
biggest complaint? No matter what we do as individuals, it will never be
enough. If only we could  force governments to assume their  correct
(and subservient) roles.

Much like serfs, slaves and sharecroppers we're at  the bottom  of the
food chain  vis a vis our  so-called leaders.  Can you imagine what
America could do if instead of spreading "democracy" in the Mid East we
cured our own ailments at home?  For the price of a nuclear sub we could
provide medical care, good diets and education for much of Latin America.

If we  get to the point where life after death and pie in the sky aren't
control factors there might be hope.   Then, we begin to value what we
have in the here and now. While the "idea" of eternal bliss, wrapped in
the comforting cloak of Jesus (al-Lah, Jehovah) might have appeal, why
push our luck? ;-)

Walt

p.s. If your organization ever needs images from Central Fla. let me
know. Immokolee, Bell Glade and quite a few other places are still
havens of poverty.