Subject: [Leica] Chasing lights...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Aug 15 07:21:17 2006

Richard showed:

> Trinity (that's the fish) and friend
> http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/081506/crop0001.jpg

This one is a fun kind of picture and creates something different from the
aquarium other than the usual silhouette of human looking at fish.

> Went to the Berserkely Marina tonight, just around sunset. Went around
> taking pictures before the residual sunlight disappears:
> http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/081506/crop0019.jpg

Sorry this doesn't work simply because you're "chasing light" in B&W when
it's a no question "coloured light scene!" What you're motivated by is ...
"coloured light," and all you have here is a jim-jam of a B&W marina. :-(

> When light is gone, all you have are ghosts
> http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/081506/crop0037.jpg

Holy sufferin' cat fish!! Was it a wavey navey water night and things were
heaving back and forth from the waves to create off balance near make you
sea sick shooting at an angle like this?

Quite frankly it looks like one of two things.
1: By this time in the evening you've had one too many and this is what the
world looks like. ;-) Or this is an accidental exposure as you were walking
along? :-)

Trust me it just doesn't work particularly when "you are chasing light" and
shooting in B&W!

Sorry to sound so hard stomping, but that's life. I bet the next time you'll
shoot this on colour. No offence meant,
ted

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Chasing lights...)