Subject: [Leica] Chasing lights...
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Aug 15 13:29:10 2006

At 07:19 AM 8/15/2006, Ted Grant wrote:
>>When light is gone, all you have are ghosts
>>http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/081506/crop0037.jpg
>
>Holy sufferin' cat fish!! Was it a wavey navey water night and things were
>heaving back and forth from the waves to create off balance near make you
>sea sick shooting at an angle like this?

:-) By this time, it is totally dark, so I was just propping the camera up
on railings to get 6-10 seconds exposures. This particular railing is
slanted. Obviously the picture doesn't work for anyone except me, I am OK
with that. That's why I post pictures to elicit comments. I am in many ways
attracted to somewhat unsettled nature of night pictures though, like
Michael Kenna's stuff, but with people. Not that I am comparing myself with
Kenna of course, but it's quality of the dark that I am interested in.

>Quite frankly it looks like one of two things.
>1: By this time in the evening you've had one too many and this is what
>the world looks like. ;-) Or this is an accidental exposure as you were
>walking along? :-)

I was goofing around of the pier taking long exposure pictures for the heck
of it :-)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Chasing lights...)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Chasing lights...)