Subject: [Leica] PAW from the Analog Trashheap
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Tue Aug 15 01:02:29 2006

On 15/08/2006, at 1:39, Eric wrote:

> Or, maybe some photos will survive longer on places like flickr or
> myspace
> than they would in a shoebox.

I don't think so, flickr or myspace are information thingys socially
oriented with poor tools to search outside the pack members.
Despite its popularity and how cool it looks, predictably only people
that know your nick, or people looking for a specific tag ( let's
suppose that they're right tagged ) will find it after a while. Kinda
living dead if you're thinking on that service as an archive.

> At the very least, more people will view and enjoy them.

Probably in the short term this goal might be achieved, but mind that
they aren't charity foundations, they are private business. Call me
paranoic but I wouldn't give my family shoebox (or anything else) to
someone who makes a living of it only for the sake of a small
convenience, even less if I have to pay for it when I already have
another ways to do the same, like email (a whole lot less cool and
geek, indeed).

/me the asocial git. :)

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/