Subject: [Leica] PAW from the Analog Trashheap
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun Aug 13 20:42:02 2006

My biggest complaint about digital imaging is that we will likely lose the
"shoebox" to the ages--no tangible receptacle, like an old shoebox, for
prints or negatives.  What's the likelihood that ephemeral digital images
will survive?  Not bloody likely, unless you're a computer expert like Brian
and copy all your work regularly.

I was rummaging through a collection of old photos at the flea market this
morning, when I came across the following bit of ephemera, dated July 1957.
It's the sort of shot I've have taken nearly fifty years ago--one that
probably would have been lost to the ages if it were on something other than
paper.

Best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA