Subject: [Leica] Jeffrey Smith tells the story
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Wed Aug 9 14:02:22 2006

The story Tina forwarded  was very touching.  Last year just after
Katrina I helped my son and daughter in law relocate from New Orleans to
Atlanta. This young couple -- married less than a year -- lost
absolutely everything and, to date, have gotten absolutely nothing from
their insurance company nor any disaster assistance.  Luckily, they have
family and friends who helped them and their youth, energy and
enthusiasm have helped them build a better life.

Many were and are not so fortunate, as we have seen.  I used to live in
the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans (on Royal Street) in the very
neighborhood whose destruction has been so expertly and sensitively
documented by our own Jeffrey Smith.  If you haven't seen his
heart-wrenching photographs yet, please visit:

http://www.400tx.com/9th-1.html

John McCusker doesn't sem quite so crazy now, does he?

Craig Roberts
Washington, DC

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Jeffrey Smith tells the story)