Subject: [Leica] red herring
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Aug 8 09:52:38 2006

What a totally useless article! Do we know what happened? NOPE.

The only thing we know is the claim that "for 20 minutes, workers were
unable to obtain information about the condition of the reactor."

Which means WHAT exactly? That they couldn't read core-thermocouple
temperatures? Was there a loss of flow accident so the reactor's pumps
weren't operating? Was there a loss of coolant accident? Was there a
reactivity addition accident that lead to an abrupt shutdown with
consequences?

We don't know! We have one guy's claim that something bad happened and
NOTHING else. And it passes for NEWS! What a CROCK!

BUT...if they went without monitoring of core conditions for 20
minutes then it IS a serious event. That's a BAD THING. You have to
know what conditions are in the primary plant all the time.

On the other hand emergancy core cooling was available since the
backup generators were there and running.

Sheesh. What a totally lame bit of reporting.

Adam