Subject: [Leica] reuters moron fired for not knowing how to use photoshop yet
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Aug 7 10:47:12 2006

At 01:38 PM 8/7/2006, you wrote:
>One thing I keep coming back to is the original issue of "fakeness".
>You say altered, I say enhanced? You say potato and I say American Fries?
>
>Walt

But, Walt, he didn't just increase the contrast.  He added smoke and
the, the Reuters site says, cloned buildings.  I think adding
contrast and adjusting levels and color balance are fine, as long as
they don't intentionally change the meaning of the photo (for
example, darkening OJ's skin).  Adding and subtracting things from
the photos are fine for fine art, portraits and advertising, but not
for photojournalism.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com