Subject: [Leica] monthly competition?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Aug 5 20:05:48 2006

 B.D. offered:
>And why not make this far more interesting - images submitted somehow by
>number, perhaps assigned by Brian, rather than by name; no camera, lens,
>film data of any kind. When the winner's are picked, provide the name and
>the data - judge the images by the quality of the images alone.<<<<

Hi B.D.,
It doesn't get any easier than that!

I mean all the international-national-photo organizations-clubs etc decide
which picture is a winner by the photo! Like nobody gives a flying hoop what
camera-lens-film-digi was used! Unless of course a camera manufacturer is
sponsoring the event! And that's a whole new ball game!

If the company LEICA where behind this as a solid supporter then fair enough
we should be using Leica gear, period. However this happens to be a simple
straight forward fun LUG competition without any input by the company LEICA!

Sure we're here because we've been influenced over the years by using a
Leica, whether RF or SLR, both are Leica made and we use them.  But times
are changing faster than one can a roll of film... you all remember "film"
;-)

Actually the only people who could truly participate if one were to make it
"mandatory all Leica" equipment, that doesn't mean a Leica lens on a Canon
body or C-V lens on an R body. It would be limited to those using film or a
DMR. Or would a Digilux 2 be considered all Leica when we know it's made by
another company with a Leica lens stuck on the front with a red dot?

Forget the school boy "Leica Only" aspect simply because LEICA... the
company aren't contributing a dime or anything toward the event. And please
don't come back with "well we're all using Leica's so the company LEICA
contributed the photo equipment." Please don't do that, because anyone who
does is an idiot of the first water! Because we "bought all our gear!" And
we contributed to the company LEICA!

So if this flies, let it fly on it's own wings! Use whatever gear you wish,
yes it would be best if every one shot on a "Leica" of some kind, whole or
matched with something that allows us to shoot what we see and feel!

Photography is all about pictures, the subjects in them and the ability of
the photographer to capture the photographic moment!

Let the "Games begin!" ;-)

ted

Message from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] monthly competition?)