Subject: [Leica] Interesting 50mm variation (eBay shame?)
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Thu Aug 3 02:26:04 2006

On Aug 3, 2006, at 3:12 AM, A. Lal wrote:

> . As an example of  a seller/auction to avoid may I suggest you
> have a look at  item 140014490997 on that site. Note the sellers
> feedback. Of course, it is not always this easy to spot a dubious
> seller, but this example should give you an idea of what to look
> out for.

Yes, that's a good example.

A couple of things things would caution me:

First, the positive feedback percentage, which is low.  (I've never
bought from anyone with less than a 98%+ feedback.)

Second, the description:  all-caps, lack of detail about the items.
If I were selling something, I would at least list all the relevant
details, so far as possible: serial numbers, model numbers, etc.

So, this would be a good one to be wary of.

But, if you're a Zeiss collector, it might be worth the risk.  :-)

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn