Subject: [Leica] Holy Haysus B.D. are you at it again?
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Wed Aug 2 07:11:01 2006

First, congratulations on your recent and well-deserved successes.

Secondly, what exactly were you referring to when you wrote this nonsense?

/So let's  all just say to hell with all standards and be done with it,  /
>/ right?/
>/ ;-)/

/ /

The sins of omission in journalism are so prevalent it make any alleged
standards meaningless. As an example, lets take a quick look at the
Mid-East conflict.

A Hezzbollah straps on explosives and blows the hell out of  an Israeli
tour bus . An act of terror, right? (don't forget our terrorist also
gets a bit ruffled)

An Israeli gunship hoses down a neighborhood looking for "bad people"
and manages to kill hundreds of men, women and children. Hmm, sounds
like collateral damage to me, right? At least that's what the NYT calls
it. (and Wolf Blitzer gets to interview the pilot over drinks at the O club)

I'm sure the Hezzbollah would prefer to have gunships and tanks rather
than kamikaze kids. Would they still be considered terrorists then? If
they had the same resources as their Israeli counterparts? That is a
question beyond the scope of my world view. Perhaps the editorial board
at the NYTs could bat it around a bit some morning over coffee and
croissants?.

Walt

Red sky in the morning, photogs take warning.
Red sky at night, Yahweh's big stick of might

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Holy Haysus B.D. are you at it again?)