Subject: [Leica] Re:DSLR advice....Leica glass on 20D
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Tue Aug 1 00:06:42 2006

That's not the opinion of the testers - well, OK, it is their opinion that
at 7x5" you wouldn't see a difference, but before A3 size you would.
Heavens, this is the LUG - we pride ourselves on being able to see
differences on 35mm film, for goodness' sake - and that's a level playing
field where only the lens can make a difference. Here we're talking sensor
differences and in-camera processing as well as lens issues - it's hardly
surprising that there might be visible differences. Now of course you're
right - many people wouldn't spot the differences, and would find the
results from any camera acceptable - however, by  definition (excuse the
pun!) we're NOT "many people". What Ken chooses is entirely a matter for
him, and I rather agree that Nikon would appear to be more logical for him,
it's just that it's always nice to have all the information before making
that decision, and he can decide exactly how much weight to put on each
element - or which bits to ignore. But
 don't shoot the messanger!

Nick