Subject: [Leica] German as a second language
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jul 28 09:12:05 2006

On 7/28/06 11:29 AM, "Nathan Wajsman" <nathan@nathanfoto.com> typed:

> Mark,
>
> First, nobody but nobody wears lederhosen in this part of Germany.
> You will give yourself away as an American tourist immediately, since
> any real Bavarian would know not to wear his lederhosen in Hessen...
>
> As for the language, don't worry. At the Photokina everyone speaks
> English, and out on the town, the most important words are similar,
> e.g. beer=Bier, wine=Wein, Leica=Leica, und so weiter :-)
>
> Nathan

Well I'm really going to get some German down try to make a favorable
impression on somebody who knows who? The bathroom attendant.

I'll wear Levi cut offs and knee socks for hiking which really is a pastime
of mine. Sport. More photo ops than a treadmill.

Mork in New York

Location: Extended StayAmerica White Plains - Elmsford, NY  10523