Subject: [Leica] OT RE: R8 winder problem (Jim Hemenway)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jul 26 16:30:14 2006

Jim which do you think yields the best results?
You can get divided formulas, formulas based on particular grains, specially
aged and filtered concentrates, obscure classical types that you mix at home
from recipes found on the internet etc etc
My recommendations:
For easy use and no fuss, some of the barley based formulas with hops
additives are satisfying, with those of German and Belgium origin praise
worthy. I have never got excited regarding any of the American offerings
(excepting some of the concentrates from Tennessee etc). Australia does have
a number of boutique producers that rival the European products for the
barley based types. In general the European and Australian formulas for
these are less diluted than those from USA.
On the other hand France does have quite a number of excellent, though
expensive grape based formulas.

Finally, for those important occasions, Scotland has the very best
magnificent concentrates.

Cheers
Hoppy