Subject: [Leica] Re: Battery charging
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Jul 24 11:41:20 2006

At 9:10 PM -0400 7/23/06, Don Dory wrote:
>Larry,
>Take along several charged batteries, whatever will last you between
>civilisation.  When the trail crosses people whether it is a gas station or
>a restaurant ask to use their outlet for fifteen minutes to an hour while
>you spend some money at their facility.  Batteries charge asymmetrically so
>the first fifteen minutes will give you possibly a 2/3 charge on one
>battery.
>
>Tina triedthe solar chargers and the sun just doesn't give enough power to
>charge a battery in a small amount of time.
>
>Don
>don.dory@gmail.com
>

>On 7/23/06, Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>A question for all you nature photographers. My son and I are planning
>>a 2 week hiking trip along the Appalachian Trail. Since my conversion
>>to digital photography, I find myself periodically tethered to
>>electrical outlets to recharge camera batteries. None of my cameras
>>take AA cells. I will be taking an Olympus E-500. How do you charge
>>batteries in the field? Solar cells?
>>
>>Larry Z

Also, most battery types are available for around $10 or less each.
If your camera is more than 6mo. old then there will be third party
batteries available with higher capacity than that which came with
your camera.

I've bought over the internet, but since I found a store locally that
sells them, I can just go down and pick up a couple whenever. They
carry about 2000 types of batteries, including ones for most types of
cameras.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design