Subject: [Leica] Re: Battery charging
From: Engl6914 at cableone.net (Lee England)
Date: Mon Jul 24 05:10:07 2006

There are very few places along the Appalachian Trail where you could find
electrical outlets.  I hiked for weeks--160 miles--once in Georgia and N.
Carolina and only one time came across a store or home within a mile or two
of the trail--Suches, Georgia.  When the trail descended into a gap you
crossed the road, saw nothing but woods and an empty road, and started
climbing again on the ridge.  Stores exist, but are miles usually from the
trail, and often you have no idea of how far from the trail, and in which
direction, they are.  Try to find a guide book for this, but  without film
or a digital camera using AA's you'll probably run out of juice.

Lee England
Natchez, Mississippi