Subject: [Leica] hiring assistants, taxes, and the like
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Jul 18 08:30:24 2006

The current language you would want to use in a letter of agreement =
"work for hire." State clearly that the services are those of a free
lance assistant under a work for hire agreement and not an employee.
You could further state that the free lance assistant is responsible
for all taxes on their service fees. You may also wish to protect
images against any claims the assistant may contemplate regarding
copyright.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com