Subject: [Leica] Re: 6x9 camera
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Mon Jul 17 09:49:08 2006

Vick,

The Medalist has an interlock, as memory serves (I briefly owned a Medalist
1, which I returned to the vendor because the lens was defective).  You
don't have to use a little hole in the back, as it advances to the next
frame without it.  The camera has a separate viewfinder and split-image
rangefinder, one above the other in immediate proximiity to each other, not
unlike using a screwmount Leica, but with a vertical rather than a
horizontal orientation.  They are built like tanks.  I found respooling to
be a pain, but if I could find one in good shape that had been adapted to
120 film, I'd give it serious consideration.  The lens is a Heliar design
and has an extremely good reputation.

Mark