Subject: [Leica] Maria, One more time!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jul 17 07:32:49 2006

Tina Manley showed 2 versions:
Subject: Maria, One more time!

> I tried your suggestions and like the results much better than the
> original:
>
> But, to my surprise (I thought the photo needed the colors in the dark
> house), I really like this one best:
> > Opinions still welcome if you're not tired of this topic!<<<<

Tina,
One can like both, colour and B&W depending on feelings and preference.

However a couple of things that changed my re-action and I felt made this a
far better photograph.

1.  You straightened the distortion and that immediatly made a better
picture, particularly with the Jesus painting as it was very distracting.
The slight cropping and straightening made a major change.

2.  The change to B&W without question absolutely moves the eye strongly to
the young girl. No eye bobbing back and forth between Jesus painting on the
wall, the hanging red drape and hamock.

Actually it's a prime example of when a B&W content has greater effect than
colours. Now we can easily stay looking at the child without head/eye
bobbing back and forth with the colour distraction.

ted

Replies: Reply from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Maria, One more time!)