Subject: [Leica] Re: B&W rides the rods
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 16:57:02 2006

> > Black and white is intellectual. It makes us think!
> > What think you folks?
> >
> > ted
Our retinas contain rods for detecting B&W in dim light; and cones for
detecting color in bright light.
So B&W is a natural part of our physiology and anatomy. Add to that organic
dimension of B&W its artistic to-the-point esthetic accuracy and you have a
medium that is both genuine and artistic in every sense. My Leica M and CL
and my
Oly digital 5050's real time B&W mode are perfect for B&W work.
It doesn't get much better than that.

Bob R