Subject: [Leica] Power of B&W?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Jul 13 15:47:07 2006

At 8:30 PM +0200 7/13/06, Philippe Orlent wrote:
>>On 13/07/2006, at 17:20, Ted Grant wrote:
>>
>>>Black and white is intellectual. It makes us think!
>>>What think you folks?
>
>Very much in love with B&W, but also thinking that extremely good
>color work is extremely difficult. More difficult than B&W even.

That's basically my take as well. I feel that in general, except for
pictures that are about the colour, a very good colour photo has to
have the colour work synergistically with an underlying good B&W
photo, ie, one with good tonality and tonal composition.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Power of B&W?)