Subject: [Leica] Shoot from the Dark Side as Vampires cast no shadow...
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Mon Jul 10 13:34:07 2006

Strangely enough, I had a comparable discussion with my father a
while ago, about flower photography.
He's heavily into local orchids. The issue for him is to get
everything IN focus to document the variations as accurately as
possible.
Meaning ring flash etc. And no bokeh.
If I look at his work, I find it just plain ugly. Suggesting him to
open up diaphragm, get some softness into his images.
But for him, it'n not about beauty, it's about documentation.
Maybe there's a parrallel with the costume shots: seeing it as a way
of documenting, or seeing it as a way of creating a certain ambiance
around it.

Cheers,
Philippe

Op 10-jul-06, om 22:06 heeft Lottermoser George het volgende geschreven: