Subject: [Leica] Shoot from the Dark Side as Vampires cast no shadow...
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Jul 10 12:56:54 2006

I should also add that most of these costuming pics are not set up
specifically as photoshoots. They are mostly taken when these costumers are
in costumes, meaning most of them are from Anime conventions and the like.
So for example, in past July 4th was the annual Anime Expo with well over
30,000 people. Probably at least 5000-6000 (yes, thousands) have at least a
costume on at some times over the 4 day period. The hardcore ones have 6-12
costumes. My wife has seven and our oldest daughter has eleven!!! While
most are simple, some are fairly complex. My wife's vampire costume is part
of a group that won Best in Show in the May Costume Con, one of the highest
honor is this sort of thing. Anyway, for the costumers, they just want to
see photos of themselves and the costumes!

In fact, early on, I notice that some interesting things: one is that to
the hardcore costumers, if they see a picture of themselves, they will zone
in whatever minor mistakes they may have one their costumes. e.g. one
button out of 10s or 20s may be slightly off. OTOH, you show them pictures
with color cast or even len distortion problems, they wouldn't care!!! They
just want to see their costumes!

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Shoot from the Dark Side as Vampires cast no shadow...)