Subject: [Leica] Suggestions for Converting Color Images to B&W
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat Jul 8 16:09:51 2006

Thanks, Richard and Ruben.  I've got to admit that I am behind the times.
My Photoshop is the L.E. Limited Edition.  Since I use old Leicas, I figured
the older PS would suffice.  I can either suppress the saturation and leave
all of the color information intact, or, I can convert to grayscale and work
with less image information.  I have tried both ways, and seem to prefer the
desaturation route.  I continue to experiment with the limited tools that I
have.  Perhaps, one day, I will have to enter the 21st Century.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA