Subject: [Leica] into six years SonC
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jul 8 18:21:41 2006

A couple weeks ago, Kyle Cassidy visited here on his trek across America to
gather pictures for his book,  Since Kyle was my inspiration for Picture a
Week, it was fitting that  week marked five years of my PAW.

Amazing trek.  I've made many people happy with some  of my  shots; some
people angry, because they just don't get what I'm doing.

The Friday flowers came almost accidentally when I posted a picture to the
archivists group, and lots of people liked it.  It became my most followed
feature, often producing a thousand views in a day.

It is a nice feeling to have accomplished this, and I will continue.

The sidebar to all this is that through this web site, I  have experienced
new opportunities, after being away from journalism for  some time; several
magazine assignments and some features on e-zines are in my  pocket, and
some
magazine covers too!

Lots of fun, and I'm getting local recognition as well.  A poster  series
"Sacred Places" for the Natchitoches Historical Foundation yielded  hundreds
of
sales for them this year.

All this because five years ago, I took up an idea, and started taking my
camera everywhere I go.

Thanks Kyle.

Regards,
Sonny