Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: PAW 26 dlridings (Philippe Orlent)
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Jul 3 19:22:04 2006

Hoppy,

The shot you refer to,

http://www.dlridings.se/gallery/v/shoebox/2006v26/06v26-0020.jpg.html

is just a straight shot with a Rolleicord V and Neopan 400 developed in D76
1:1.

The trick with medium format (one of them) is getting even development
across the frame. You won't get that without some thorough agititation
to make sure you have fresh developer all over the film periodically.
There are various ways of doing this, one of the best being using a
JOBO with constant agitation.

I use hand development but I have a special technique. I only fill the
tank half way with reels that have film on it. The rest I fill with
empty reels. So in a 4 reel tank (for 35 mm) I put in 4 reels, but
only the bottom two with film on them. With 120 (and 120 needs this
technique the most) I put in 1 reel with film and one empty one.

I then put in enough developer to cover the reels with film, but not more.

I agitiate normally with 2 inversions every 30 seconds. That allows
the developer to run off and then cover the film again with fresh
solution.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Thanks for the interest.

Daniel