Subject: [Leica] xtol spots
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon Jul 3 01:33:18 2006

Your refrigerator is probably not to blame.

Curious coloured spots have been reported here before in association with
Xtol:
http://leica-users.org/v23/msg09002.html

I was able to replicate these with the addition of a variety of metal ions
in the water, but only with 1+3 dilution.  Are you sure your water is really
distilled or is it deionised and if it is deionised, to what extent is it
deionised and what is still in it?  Are you stirring with a plastic object,
not a metal one?

Oh and as an aside, TMZ generally responds much better to straight Xtol or
at most dilute 1+1 than it does to the high dilutions.  You may also be
seeing some additional effects due to developer exhaustion.  With Xtol,
everything becomes more critical with dilution, including the water quality
requirements.  Maybe you could try 1+1 or straight Xtol next time.

The last print I saw of yours Arche was great, so stick at it.

Marty