Subject: [Leica] was: did I miss a fight?
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Jun 30 13:37:09 2006

There is a scene in one of the early Raymond Chandler Philip Marlow PI
novels where Marlow is in the hands of two police detectives, one of whom
wants to treat him fairly and the other of whom wishes to do him dirt with
trumped up evidence.  The two detectives end up getting into a fist-fight
and Marlow sarcastically suggests that this is must be a new and novel way
of softening up a suspect by hving the cops beat each other into a pulp.

I am rather astonished to find the disconnect on the LUG over the past day
or so.  I am especially astonished to note that the folks who have
generally treated my comments with derision and mocking disdain are now
attacking each other or, in one case, leaving the LUG entirely.

Are you guys attempting to soften me up?  It won't work, but I do
appreciate the hard effort you've put into the effort.  <he grins>  You
guys can't grind me down with such a patently obvious scheme!

Calm down, guys, and let's get back to business.  And, BD, get back on the
List where you belong.  It really isn't the same without your presence.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!