Subject: [Leica] was: did I miss a fight? NOW snapshots and criticism
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Thu Jun 29 18:09:16 2006

BS, Sonny,

I well remember when I commented on a photo of yours, remarking that the
complexions of its subject were a bilious green, and your response was that
color balance was "subjective."  I realized then that those of us who work
at a calibrated workflow and actually care about this are wasting our time
talking to you.

What I object to is the apparent assumption on your part that your
"subjectivity" is somehow worthy of sustained attention.  In my view it is
not.  And believe me, I know how to use a delete key and a filter; your
"Friday Flowers" go instantly to the delete file.

And where do you get off telling me, or anyone else for the matter, what the
LUG is and isn't?

I don't much give a s*** why people come to your collections or why they do
it.

As I've said before, by your standards any moderately successful
pornographer is "great" photographer.

Sonny, I've always been curious.  Do any black folk live in your town?  They
don't appear in your photographs. If I understand you correctly, this means
that you don't "like" them. What we *do* get a lot of are pre-pubescent
cheerleaders, and a lot of middle-class, middle-aged white folk "swapping
lies," as you once captioned a photograph.  How apt.

What, exactly, do you think you're documenting, and why?

And judging from the stuff you routinely post here, it's laughable to learn
that you consider yourself a critic of your own work.  God alone knows what
you throw away.

Really, get a grip.

Cheers!

Chandos