Subject: [Leica] Mediocre Photographs
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Jun 29 13:10:19 2006

I have a good friend whose only criterion for judging quality of photographs
is how well the skin tones are rendered on people who are not Caucasian.
Identity is race, race is skin color, and so the capture of a person's
identity (and hence the quality of the photograph) is entirely determined by
how accurately it renders the skin color. Nothing else matters.

I don't share this belief at all, but I've chosen never to argue about it.
Quality is in the mind of the beholder.

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Mediocre Photographs)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Mediocre Photographs)