Subject: [Leica] lost the dot - help
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed Jun 28 03:03:35 2006

Leica New Jersey or DAG should have one, if you want red.

We have "Bead Stores" here, where you could select beads of different
colours, and cut them in half, and glue them on.  e.g. Zeiss uses blue.

I used epoxy on mine, for a 50mm f1.4 ASPH.

Funny, I've never encountered losing the red dot on my classical lenses,
dating back from the 50's, yet now I read about frequent loss of the dot on
the newer lenses.  I wouldn't think Leica would have lost the recipe on
gluing the red dot.

Or maybe the old red dots were threaded and screwed into their mounts?  I
never thought to check.

regards
Vick