Subject: [Leica] lost the dot - help
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed Jun 28 20:24:06 2006

A few years ago, Sherry Krauter was nice enough to send me a red dot to put
on a lens I'd bought without one.  If I remember correctly, she said to:

1. Clean out the depression into which the red dot fits, using acetone.
2. Rough up the bottom of the red dot and the depression on the lens mount
a bit with an ordinary pin.
3. Use Super Glue--one teeny tiny drop on the point of the pin, spread
inside the depression, to affix the dot.

She was very emphatic about not using too much Super Glue.

--Peter